We are looking for people to become official RKDC Dance Ambassadors to help us shout about the work of RKDC and the value of dance as widely as possible.
Rosie Kay Dance Company is a national touring organisation that thrills and moves a diverse public with relevant, important, political and meaningful dance responding to contemporary society. We engage participants from the hardest to reach parts of society and treat them as future professionals. We believe that watching or participating in dance has the power to transform hearts and minds.
We’re looking for RKDC Ambassadors who are:
- based in either Birmingham or London
- able to commit at least a few hours a month of your time
- passionate about our work and dance
- able to advocate for the value of dance across their networks, social media and online platforms
- confident, vibrant and enthusiastic
- part of our team that promotes RKDC’s work and help to build new audiences for dance in your location
If you love our work and think that more people should experience it then we want to hear from you.
In return Ambassadors will:
- gain skills and experience from having close access to an award-winning national touring dance company
- receive invites to exclusive events and all our shows
- gain opportunities to learn from Rosie Kay and company members in the studio
- represent RKDC through dance sector networking opportunities
- build relationships with local theatres who present RKDC
- develop professional communication and promotion skills
- receive training, guidance and support from RKDC Communications Manager Katee Woods.
Current projects from RKDC include the hit show 5 SOLDIERS which will tour internationally from 2019, MK ULTRA touring for a second time in autumn 2018 and MODERN WARRIOR, an outdoor urban action experience touring to summer festivals.
Rosie Kay is one of the UK͛s leading choreographers. She is celebrated for her athletic movement, rigorous research and intelligent theatricality, and is known for the five-star award-winning 5 SOLDIERS as well as choreographing 2018͛s live televised Commonwealth Games handover broadcast globally to 1 billion people.
To apply, please complete the form below including 1-2 paragraphs about why you would like to become a Dance Ambassador for RKDC and a sample social media post about a recent dance event you attended and what you loved about it. This sample post does not have to be public – it can be in text, video or photo format included within your application.
Deadline Friday 22 June, 5pm.