Choreographer Rosie Kay is looking for 120 people to perform at a pre-show event at Birmingham Hippodrome before the premiere of our new large-scale work 10 SOLDIERS.
Taking place on Tuesday 21 May, 10 SOLDIERS is the first of Rosie Kay Dance Company’s works to be commissioned and programmed for Birmingham Hippodrome’s main auditorium, a space that seats 1,850 people.
This opportunity for 120 people to engage with the choreographer and perform alongside RKDC dancers marks the premiere, plus forms part of Birmingham Hippodrome’s 120th Anniversary celebrations. RKDC is a new Associate Company at the Hippodrome.
This mass pop-up performance will take place in the foyer and will be free for members of the public to experience.
• The rehearsal day, 10:00-16:00 on Sunday 19 May 2019 at Birmingham Hippodrome
• The performance day, 17:00-21:00 on Tuesday 21 May 2019 at Birmingham Hippodrome
In return you will receive:
• A day of free dance workshops and tuition with Rosie Kay and dancers from 10 SOLDIERS
• A free ticket to see 10 SOLDIERS on Tuesday 21 May at 19:30
• A free 10 SOLDIERS t-shirt to perform in and keep
The deadline to apply is Monday 18 March 2019 and we will contact everyone who has applied by 29 March 2019. To apply complete the form at www.rosiekay.co.uk/120soldiers